Data Entry Clerk
Our growing Hammond, IN based company is looking for dynamic individuals that can help meet our increasing workload. We strive to provide world class service to our clients by supplying critical environmental health and safety information that our client’s use to keep their employees safe. Our work directly helps ensure the safety of hundreds of thousands of people around the globe so that they can go home to their family and loved ones. Due to the nature of our work attention to detail is of critical importance. We need dedicated driven team members that will help perform data entry.
We work in a team environment, however each person contributes to the overall company by working on their own for the most part. You need to be self motivated and disciplined to be able to complete projects on your own. Additionally due to the nature of our work project priorities can shift quickly based on client demand. Flexibility in shifting between multiple conflicting needs is important. The ability to manage time and balance these projects is also critical. Likewise it is critical to be a good listener, and be an even better note taker. You must strive to concisely, but accurately document your rationale and notes for all of our interactions with outside parties.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes client data by reviewing for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard KHA procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following specific data program techniques and procedures.
- Create spreadsheets, and folders using Microsoft Office and Google tools.
- Ensure ALL data is added correctly, Extremely important!
- Reviewing, Verifying, Updating, Correcting, Deleting, or Reentering data by comparing it to source documents such as PDF documents or word documents.
- Required to make certain quotas each day. (70-90 SDSs per day)
- Combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete, and purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Maintains operations by following KHA policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Work is performed in an office environment. The dress code is business casual. Working hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Half hour for lunch
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Imperative to have strong written and verbal communication skills. This is the top requirement for this position. Correct grammar and spelling as well as proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to navigate the internet and basic computer skills including strong typing skills. Typing skills include the use of a numeric keypad
- Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Should have a strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Documents.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Ability to retain skills and system knowledge learned on the job.
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Possess’ strong multitasking skills with the ability to perform work precisely as well as timely.
- Must have strong organizational skills and management of workload
- Should be a self starter who can work independently
- Must always be punctual and responsible for one's self.
- Thoroughness - Attention to Detail
- Decision Making - Able to make judgement calls based on general knowledge coupled with existing policies and procedures.
- Independence - Being able to work on your own.
- Analyzing Information - Able to review provided documents to evaluate for the needed data points.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off